Adam Anders, ‘Rock Of Ages’ Executive Music Producer has talked with The Hollywood Reporter and that’s what he said about Tom.
THR: Some of the actors had never been in musicals before. Like Tom Cruise, how would you rate his vocal skills on a scale of one to ten?
Anders: Now he’s like a seven, but he started off at a one. He had never sung in his life. He was like, “I need to know that I can do this before I sign on.” So I went to his house to hear him sing and even though he was completely green as a singer, his vocal cords were amazing. He had this voice that blew me away. It was the most powerful voice I had ever heard. So loud. He could do anything and go as high as we wanted. It was like a kid discovering he had a new toy. I left there super-pumped knowing that not only could we make him pass as a singer in the movie, but we would blow people away with what he could do.
THR: Was Tom nervous at all or was he confident that he could do it?
Anders: His confidence kept growing as we worked together. I think he started off a little nervous, as anybody would who has never done this, but he just bought it 110%. He works harder than anybody I’ve ever met in my life. By the end of this movie, the guy was just phenomenal. I remember telling him, “You’re a singer!”
THR: How do you think people in the industry will react to Tom’s vocal talents?
Anders: Catherine Zeta-Jones was able to win for Chicago and I definitely think he would deserve at least a nod for this role. It’s that good.
THR: An Oscar nod?
Anders: Yeah, for supporting actor. Musicals are tough usually, but there’s already buzz around him. People have been in his corner since the movie. He transformed himself.
You can read the full interview HERE.
Enjoy this new pic of Tom as Stacee Jaxx.
IMAX Corporation and Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that Rock of Ages will be digitally re-mastered into the immersive IMAX® format and released for a limited domestic engagement in select IMAX® theatres, day-and-date with the film’s release on June 15, 2012.
“Warner Bros. and Tom Cruise have been great partners and an early look at Rock of Ages is getting great response,” said Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment. “The film’s crowd-pleasing soundtrack will sound incredible in IMAX theatres during this select, hand-picked release.”
We’re speechless after seeing Tom on the cover of the June issue of W magazine. We are looking forward to having the magazine in our hands.
After tons of rumors and misinformation, the track list for the ‘Rock of Ages’ soundtrack has been released. The music will be available on ITunes in Mid-May (date to be announced) and will be available in stores on June 5th. We’re so excited!! We can’t wait to hear Tom sing!! We’ve highlighted the specific songs Tom sings, alone or with other cast members.
1. “Paradise City” – Tom Cruise
2. “Sister Christian” / “Just Like Paradise” / “Nothin’ But A Good Time” – Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Russell Brand, Alec Baldwin
3. “Juke Box Hero” / “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll” – Diego Boneta, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, Julianne Hough
4. “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
5. “Waiting For A Girl Like You” – Diego Boneta, Julianne Hough
6. “More Than Words” / “Heaven” – Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta
7. “Wanted Dead Or Alive” – Tom Cruise, Julianne Hough
8. “I Want To Know What Love Is” – Tom Cruise, Malin Akerman
9. “I Wanna Rock” – Diego Boneta
10. “Pour Some Sugar On Me” – Tom Cruise
11. “Harden My Heart” – Julianne Hough, Mary J. Blige
12. “Shadows of the Night” / “Harden My Heart” – Mary J. Blige, Julianne Hough
13. “Here I Go Again” – Diego Boneta, Paul Giamatti, Julianne Hough, Mary J. Blige, Tom Cruise
14. “Can’t Fight This Feeling” – Russell Brand, Alec Baldwin
15. “Any Way You Want It” – Mary J. Blige, Constantine Maroulis, Julianne Hough
16. “Undercover Love” – Diego Boneta
17. “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” – Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Tom Cruise, Mary J. Blige
18. “Rock You Like A Hurricane” – Julianne Hough, Tom Cruise
19. “We Built This City” / “We’re Not Gonna Take It” – Russell Brand / Catherine Zeta-Jones
20. “Don’t Stop Believin'”- Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, Mary J. Blige
In an interview yesterday with Amy Kaufman of the Los Angeles Times, director Adam Shankman talks about Tom baring his “fantastic” rear end in a pair of ass-less chaps for one scene. Before quoting the article, we here at TOM CRUISE FOREVER would just like to thank Tom (and Adam) on behalf of the entire female population.
This is what Adam had to say:
“We were filming a scene and I told him, ”You do know when I come around, I’m gonna see your [butt]?'” the filmmaker recalled this week in Las Vegas, where he was on hand at the CinemaCon theater owners convention to promote the June release. “And he’s like, ‘Is there any way to shoot around it?’ And I said, ‘No.’ And he said, ‘How is it?’ And I said, ‘It’s fantastic.’ And he said, ‘OK, well then let’s shoot it.'”
“It wasn’t so much that there was a rock star I wanted him to emulate,” said Shankman. “It was the fact that these guys lived in a world where no one said no to them, during a period where they were not conscious of things like AIDS. They were literally children run amok.”
He’d discussed working on a musical with Cruise before, and after the actor expressed how much he loved Shankman’s 2007 take on “Hairspray” — saying it was his daughter Suri’s favorite movie — the two decided to team up for “Rock of Ages.”
“I think it’s a risk that we’re both really excited about how it turned out,” said Shankman. “When this opportunity came up, I thought, ‘If he can pull this off, people will go crazy. ‘ It’s a real performance. It’s an incredible show of talents no one ever thought he had.”
Adam had lots more to say in other interviews. Join our forum to read more !!!
‘Rock of Ages’ opens in theaters on June 15th and you can bet the administrators at FOREVER will be the first in line !
Warner Bros Pictures has just released a new poster for the movie. Enjoy it!
Enjoy this new promotional pic of ‘Rock of Ages’ with Julianne Hough and Diego Boneta as Sherrie and Drew. We’re happy to see new pics from the movie, but we wish more Stacee stuff!